MailScanner lint errors?

Gerry Doris gdoris at rogers.com
Sun Feb 5 19:24:18 GMT 2006

I've started seeing errors after running MailScanner --lint which I
haven't seen before.

I was running 4.50.10 and decided to upgrade to 4.50.15 today.
Everything went well and MailScanner is working properly.  I see no
errors in any of the logs.  Mail is being accepted and delivered.

MailScanner -v runs without errors but when I run MailScanner --lint I
get the following:

[root at tiger MailScanner]# MailScanner --lint
Read 701 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
Config: calling custom init function SQLBlacklist
Config: calling custom init function MailWatchLogging
Config: calling custom init function SQLWhitelist
Cannot write pid file , No such file or directory at
/usr/sbin/MailScanner line 1238
Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
Using SpamAssassin results cache
Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
SpamAssassin reported no errors.

MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = clamavmodule f-prot trend
bitdefender"

Use of uninitialized value in split at
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/SweepViruses.pm line 2879.
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/SweepViruses.pm line 2880.
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/SweepViruses.pm line 2880.
Can't exec "-IsItInstalled": No such file or directory at
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/SweepViruses.pm line 2882.
...snip
the above is repeated 5 more times
...snip

Found these virus scanners installed: bitdefender, f-prot, clamavmodule,
trend