permissions problem on startup

John Jolet john at jolet.net
Sun Feb 5 13:27:45 GMT 2006

On Feb 5, 2006, at 7:02 AM, Julian Field wrote:

> John Jolet wrote:
>> I'm having a problem that I saw in the archives someone else
>> having, but I couldn't find a solution.  Running on gentoo with
>> postfix.  If I set the Run As user to postfix, I get: Cannot open
>> config file /opt/MailScanner/etc/MailScanner.conf, Permission
>> denied at /opt/MailScanner/lib/MailScanner/Config.pm line 597.
> If this is not a permissions problem on the file, then it is a
> problem with the perms of the dir or one of its parents. Don't
> forget that the postfix user has to be to navigate down to the
> file, as well as just read the file. Ensure you have r-x on the
> directories.

yeah, I thought of that.  If I give postfix a shell, su - postfix I
can view the file just fine.  It appeared to me when I looked at that
module that it was mostly concerned with ldap servers.  was I
incorrect?  I don't have any, and that portion of the config file is
commented out.  just grasping at straws at this point.