OT: but Sendmail experst please help

WILL HALSALL w.halsall at farn-ct.ac.uk
Sat Feb 4 15:11:05 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I had a test message from maps regarding open relays. Our sendmail will
accept for deliver messages of the format
<will.halsall at hotmail.com%fcot5.farn-ct.ac.uk>  but will not accept mail for
deliver with format <will.halsall at hotmail.com>.

could one of the sendmail experts please explain how to stop this? below is
the telnet session

Thanks

WillH

ehlo fcot5.farn-ct.ac.uk
220 fcot5.farn-ct.ac.uk ESMTP Sendmail 8.13.5/8.13.5; Sat, 4 Feb 2006
14:50:20 G
MT
250-fcot5.farn-ct.ac.uk Hello [172.16.20.43], pleased to meet you
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-PIPELINING
250-8BITMIME
250-SIZE
250-DSN
250-DELIVERBY
250 HELP
250 2.1.0 <w.halsall at farn-ct.ac.uk>... Sender ok
rcpt to:<will.halsall at hotmail.com>
450 4.4.0 <will.halsall at hotmail.com>... Relaying temporarily denied. Cannot
reso
lve PTR record for 172.16.20.43
rcpt to:<will.halsall at hotmail.com%fcot5.farn-ct.ac.uk>
250 2.1.5 <will.halsall at hotmail.com%fcot5.farn-ct.ac.uk>... Recipient ok

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail
in error please notify Farnborough College of Technology.
E-mail:  postmaster at farn-ct.ac.uk

believed to be clean.