MS Slow after update to 4.50.14 on suse

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 22:05:47 GMT 2006

On 02/02/06, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
> Glenn Steen spake the following on 2/2/2006 1:05 PM:
> > On 02/02/06, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
(snip)
> >> One problem I see is either an old or no file
> >> /etc/MailScanner/reports/en/languages.conf. See if this is either a 0 length
> >> file, or if you have a /etc/MailScanner/reports/en/languages.conf.rpmnew file.
> >
> > Ah yes. I actually (he said blushing) walked into that myself this
> > time around... Silly cut'n'paste all the three lines... Oh well, if
> > that is it, it¨s just a matter of moving languages.old back into
> > place...
> > Jules, perhaps you should stress the need to look for an rpmnew file
> > first, before blithely doing the upgrade(s)?... In the nice usage
> > would be a good place...
> >
> > --
> > -- Glenn
> > email: glenn < dot > steen < at > gmail < dot > com
> > work: glenn < dot > steen < at > ap1 < dot > se
> I thought Julian had fixed the upgrade_languages_conf to not do this a few
> months ago. Maybe my rememberer is busted...
> I usually check, now, after being bitten by this one.

If so, he managed to un-fix it to this version:-). If you cu'n'oaste
the suggested lines to do the upgrade the first one creates the
zero.length file, and the subsequent move move it into place...
Empirical study (meaning: I goofed up:) show that it certainly will
behave as I describe;)

> --
>
> MailScanner is like deodorant...
> You hope everybody uses it, and
> you notice quickly if they don't!!!!
*chuckle* Keep dreaming these up.... Makes it worth reading your mails
even on matters I don't really care that much about (like Sendmail:).

--
-- Glenn