MailScanner needs to be restarted 2 times

Kevin Droz drozk at moeller.com
Thu Feb 2 20:29:42 GMT 2006

I'm running MailScanner 4.48.4-2 using SpamAssassin 3.1.0-1. Ever since I
enabled SpamAssassin and make a change I need to restart MailScanner twice
before it stays up. When I look in the log I see MailScanner trying to
start, it stops responding after this line "started as: /usr/sbin/sendmail
-q15m -OPidFile=/var/run/sendmail.out.pid" I do another restart and it
starts working fine. I don't know if it's timing with activity in the mail
server or maybe a lack of ram. My machine is low end Celeron with only 128
MB of ram.

Thanks for the help.

Kevin.