sendmail greet_pause feature

Anthony Peacock a.peacock at chime.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 2 13:32:04 GMT 2006

Hi Joost,

My comments were more directed to the list in general.

Julian was very clear in his email earlier that on _Linux_ the lock type
needs to change to Posix for Sendmail 8.13 and above.

I just get twitchy when statements are made that don't recognise that
the OS is an important component in this setting.  First, it makes me
doubt my configuration.  Secondly, it might give the wrong impression to
admins of OSs other than Linux.

Changing the default would have implications for me.  If I didn't spot
that it had changed I may start to see problems after an upgrade, with a
system that runs fine at the moment.

--
Anthony Peacock