sendmail greet_pause feature

Anthony Peacock a.peacock at chime.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 2 10:32:50 GMT 2006

Hi,

Joost Waversveld wrote:
> You must force posix locking... The standard will be flock locking. I
> thought Julian is thinking about changing the standard to posix, but at
> the moment the standard is still "flock"
>
> So it must be "Lock Type = posix" for you... ;)

Is this true for all OSs?

I am using Sendmail 8.13 and the default locking on Solaris and I am not
having any problems at all.  I always thought the advice was only change
this if you are having problems.  I also recall that the requirement for
posix locking is dependent on the OS.

Grateful for any correction.

--
Anthony Peacock
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new