SQLite and postfix...

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 09:37:00 GMT 2006

On 02/02/06, Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 1 Feb 2006, at 21:46, Glenn Steen wrote:

(snip)
> > Come to think of it, I might have done a "MailScanner --lint" before
> > upgrading the MailScanner.conf file... It complained about the
> > spurious spam.assassin.prefs.conf line, IIRC... But it should still
> > have switched into "postfix" user, right? Or did that prevent it from
> > using it, then perform the spam cache query ... which then created the
> > bum file?
> > I'll try retrace my steps tomorrow and see what gives.
>
> You are exactly right.
> I guess I should move the "change user" code a bit.
>
> 4.50.14-2 produces a proper error message in this situation now, it
> doesn't just die.
Good, both that it's found and that it's handled. Thank you. (I'm
having yet another hectic day, so... really would have been hard
pressed for time to try get you more info:-)

Regarding moving the root cause, one could of course just "solve" it
in documentation. But it's probably better to not have to resort to
that:-).

Again, thanks for your hard work!
--
-- Glenn