Downloading the latest update :-)

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Feb 1 21:33:48 GMT 2006

Lance Haig wrote:
> Is it easier to download the SA clam package from Julians site to update
>  clam or would it be better to just update clam from the clam site?
>
> I don't want to lose the clamavmodule part of the install as I have had
> problems installing it in the past.
>
> I have SA 3.1 and Clamav 87 on suse 9.3

I would do my package. It will upgrade Clam then rebuild Mail::ClamAV
and link it against the Clam it just built.
More reliable in my view.

I don't like building perl modules that call C libraries without knowing
I had the latest C library when it was linked together.

--
Julian Field

believed to be clean.