Attachment Warnings - End of Line Behavior Changed (CR, LF)

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Wed Feb 1 15:43:11 GMT 2006

Marco Radzinschi wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I noticed that the CR/LF behavior has changed in the newest version of
> MailScanner (4.49) from DOS (LF only) to Unix-type text files
> (<CR>+<LF>) for the generated attachment warnings.

DOS = CR+LF, Unix/Linux = LF

> I treid removing the excess <CR> characters in the report templates
> myself, but I noticed that the Perl script still appends to the report
> templates with <CR>+<LF>, which makes it appear mangled on a GroupWise
> system running on Windows.
>
> I did not see a configuration option for this, so I am assuming that
> it is hard-coded somewhere in the script, or in one of the external
> modules that the script uses. Does anyone know how to change this
> behavior?

This has been discussed previously (about 1-2 weeks ago).  It is
probably a bug in MIME::Tools IIRC.  Some people were supposed to talk
to the developer to get a fix.  Don't know how it turned out...

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste