Looking for Mailscanner+CommunigatePro scripts

Dennis Willson taz at taz-mania.com
Wed Feb 1 07:23:14 GMT 2006

I use Communigate and I run sendmail with MailScanner (actually several
of them) as hubs prior to the Communigate server. Communigate has lots
of nice end user functionality, Spam filtering it's weak on however.
They didn't really put hooks in that would allow MailScanner to work
effectively the way it does with other MTAs. Plus I like to have
multiple mail hubs anyway and this way I can bring one down and work on
it without the end users being interrupted or even knowing I'm doing it.
Usually to upgrade, take my spare server and build a totally new machine
and completely test it and then just swap it for one of the hubs, I then
take that machine and build it exactly like the one I just put in and
then replace the next hub and so on. No down time at all for the users
which makes my life easier.