McAfee and lack of detection

Res res at ausics.net
Sun Dec 31 17:02:30 CET 2006

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006, Glenn Steen wrote:

> On 31/12/06, Res <res at ausics.net> wrote:
>>
>> Just a follow up to this, for anyone using clamav following this thread.
>>
>> On Sun, 31 Dec 2006, Res wrote:
>>
>> > I'll paste a reply to this in pvt email to you, as in case it is still
>> > exploitable I don't wish to publicise the rootkits name and place those
>> using
>> > clamav only at risk by some L-users who might be trolling through the
>> lists
>> > archives.
>>
>> Alisdair has tested this and confirms Clamav now catches the RK in
>> question, you can all sleep, an extra 40 winks more tonight :)
>>
> Thanks for the vigilance Res&Alisdair! Those 40 winks were marvelous:-D

ahhhhhhhh thats nice to know, coz us f-proters always sleep in...
infact im glad i can sleep in coz im gunna need it today

Happy New YEAR!
and thanx to the bar staff at teh timeout bar, sheratan brisbane for
putting up with us :P

--
Cheers
Res

"So, you think you can tell Heaven from Hell?" - Roger Waters