McAfee and lack of detection

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 00:45:27 CET 2006

On 30/12/06, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
> Is any one else using McAfee with the 5100 engine seen a lack of detection
> lately? Maybe a month or so. I just had some time to look back through logs
> and noticed that McAfee isn't hitting, and a mail test today missed all but a
> straight eicar.com test.
Disclaimer: Haven't been as present as usual at work the last week...
So things might have changed...:)

Been using 5100 since it was released, with pretty consistent (same as
4400, but seemingly slightly faster) detection/non-detection rate.
Might just be dependant on what I get hit with though. Running bdc,
clam and mcafee, where clam gets most (still the phishing bit), and I
_still_ have situations where they all are the sole catcher, even bdc.

--
-- Glenn