Why doesn't DCC help against image spam?

Mike Kercher mike at vesol.com
Wed Dec 27 19:24:14 CET 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info on behalf of Dennis
Willson
Sent: Wed 12/27/2006 12:11 PM
To: MailScanner discussion
Subject: Re: Why doesn't DCC help against image spam?

I wrote my own... It's a milter that allows me to decare specific
email addresses and even full domains to be honeypot addresses and it
then collects the IP addresses of the senders and uses them as a
blacklist.

It can run on the same Sendmail as your normal mail server as it does
not interfere with non-honeypot email addresses (unless the source IP
is in the blacklist, then optionally you can reject, discard or allow
to continue for further processing).

I'm currently working to two extensions... One is a routine that will
take the list of IP addresses and create a BIND zone file so that the
blacklist can be shared via a DNSBL. Two is a mailwatch extension to
manage and monitor the spamtrap and see statistics that it collects.

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 11:58:32 -0600
  "Mike Kercher" <mike at vesol.com> wrote:

> [...]

Interesting concept!

Mike