Recommended RBL's on MTA?

Youri LACAN-BARTLEY ylacan at teicam.com
Tue Dec 26 18:37:09 CET 2006

James Gray wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This is slightly off topic, but I figured it was a good place to ask.
> What RBL's are people using on their MTA?  I'm currently driving a
> number of Postfix boxes so far have all the RBL's in SpamAssassin, but
> would really prefer to block some of the rubbish before it gets that far.
>
> What RBL's have people had success with? More importantly, which ones
> should I avoid?

Hi there, I personally use the following with Postfix and haven't had
any false positives whatsoever:

	zen.spamhaus.org
        dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net
        list.dsbl.org

Obviously, the most efficient one is the spamhaus DNSBL which catches
around 80% of the total blocked messages.

I've had issues with spamcop and abuseat.org at MTA level, steer clear
of them.

Good luck

> Cheers,
>
> James