Why doesn't DCC help against image spam?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Dec 26 17:40:51 CET 2006

Remco Barendse spake the following on 12/24/2006 7:43 AM:
> Now that ORDB is down my mailscanner is not filtering any spam anymore,
> i might as well disable it.
>
> But out of curiosity, why doesn't DCC work for the image spam?
>
> A checksum should be reasonably effective against the image spam i
> think? Assuming that they are not dynamically building each picture a
> bit differently for each e-mail that is sent?
But that could be what they are doing. Spammers are like cockroaches. They
adapt very quickly, and after they mass-fire their crap, they change up a bit,
and reload for the next salvo.

It's war, and we are always on the defense.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and