error in maillog file

vinay poojary vinay_poojary2000 at yahoo.co.in
Sat Dec 23 10:03:28 CET 2006

red hat el4

  sendmail version -> sendmail-8.13.1-2 (default rhel4)
  i have not compiled it .I installeded the above rpm

  Regards,
  vinay Poojary

James Gray <james at gray.net.au> wrote:
  On 22/12/2006, at 3:09 PM, vinay poojary wrote:

> dear Sir,
>
> I am using mailscanner with sendmail
> my maillog file is getting filled up with the below error
>
> sendmail[7977]: STARTTLS: read error=generic SSL error (0)
>
> Is ther any way i could avoid it .I dont want to recompile
> sendmail / Mailscanner

No idea. What sendmail version? How have you configured TLS? What
operating system? What options did you compile sendmail with? etc,
etc, etc.

> waiting 4 u reply

Good grief. You have a full keyboard right? Can you please use all
the characters when spelling words...this isn't an SMS service :)

Cheers,

James