Pyzor Error

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 10:00:22 GMT 2006

On 19/12/06, Mail Scanner <mailscanner at mail.kz7.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 09:06:40AM +0000, Martin Hepworth wrote:
> > Mail Scanner wrote:
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >I have been using MailScanner for a while now.  Never really had a problem
> > >with spam before now.  It has now started to appear.  I think read a lot
> > >of different howto's.  I run the command and got the following
> > >
> > >MailScanner --debug --debug-sa --lint
> > >
> > >Read 747 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
> > >MailScanner setting GID to  (89)
> > >MailScanner setting UID to  (89)
> > >Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
> > >Using SpamAssassin results cache
> > >Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
> > >pyzor: check failed: internal error
> > >SpamAssassin reported no errors.
> > >
> > >As you can see there is a pyzor error.  When I run the pyzor ping I get
> > >the following result.
> > >
> > >82.94.255.100:24441     (200, 'OK')
> > >
> > >Can some one please give me some more ideas of where to look for the
> > >problem.
> > >
> > >Thanks
> > >

> > There's been issues with pyzor for months, bandwidth issues/timeouts, no
> > updates to the DB developer not responding to offers of help etc etc..
> >

> > I find it still usefule for some of the 'older' spam but I recommend you
> > look at razor2 and DCC as something thats actually updated...
> >
> > --
> > Martin Hepworth
> > Senior Systems Administrator
>
> I have both razor2 and DCC installed.  This is the first time I have tried to get spam filtering to work.  Maybe I should start from scratch.  Does any one know of a good how to so I can get all this working on a Centos Server.
>
> Thanks

There are excellent docs ... at least look at the official site, the
MAQ and the wiki....:
http://www.mailscanner.info/install_guides.html
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=maq:index#how_to_setup_a_mailscanner_server
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=&idx=documentation (at least
look through the install_upgrade and configuration parts... and
anti_spam ...)

Cheers
--
-- Glenn