allowing attachment filelname

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 09:34:51 CET 2006

On 19/12/06, Dan Carl <danc at bluestarshows.com> wrote:

> [...]

Ok. Was worth a shot:-).

> > Haven't checked this, but what happens if you set "Allow Password
> > Protected Archives = yes" (or a ruleset to that effect)? There're some
> > settings for ClamavModule too that might effect how this plays out ...
> > Perhaps do a limit of recursion? I'm not sure if that will work...
> > Look at
> http://www.mailscanner.info/MailScanner.conf.index.html#ClamAVmodule%20Maximum%20Recursion%20Level
>
> Ok setting Allow Password Protected Archives= yes
> Allowed the file to come through.

Good.

> I know I can make a rule set to tighten it up alot more, but I this my only
> alternive?

Probably you best bet. Other would be routing it through a mail path
that precludes MailScanner, or trying to make the clamav module more
intelligent _for that one sender_... Not good options, IMO.

> I know could have then use ftp server to send/receive but I'm affraid this
> would turn into a support nightmare for me.

Some intelligent scripting should be your helping hand there, but
really... You know what IP address and sender they come from, right?
It should be an easy enough ruleset to construct. If you need help
with that, just holler and someone will jump in (if I'm too busy;).

> Why does adding it to filename.rules.conf have no effect?

Because it is not the filename checking that is blocking it. It is the
anti-virus program. Simple as that.

--
-- Glenn