Not blocking spam?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Dec 19 00:23:34 GMT 2006

Glenn Steen spake the following on 12/18/2006 2:32 PM:
> On 18/12/06, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
>> Jeff Davis spake the following on 12/15/2006 4:50 PM:
>> > Just got MailScanner installed, but does not seem to be tagging
>> anything
>> > as spam.
>> >
>> > Where should I start checking first?  spammassassin < {sample file}
>> > seems to work correctly, but mail sent from outside (GTUBE) flies right
>> > through.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > -Jeff
>> >
>> Did you make sure to stop the sendmail process?
>> chkconfig sendmail off
>> service sendmail stop
>> (on a redhat type system)
>>
> Good instincts Scott, but I'm pretty certain Jeff's running postfix...:)

Reading the list through GMANE, I don't always look at mail headers to see
where things are coming from. besides, I'm just lurking on the list while home
on vacation. Can't afford a proper holiday so close to christmas, but I have
to take the time or never see it again.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and