4.58.1-1 && Happy Christmas!

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Dec 18 21:20:33 GMT 2006

Julian Field spake the following on 12/16/2006 9:38 AM:
> I have just released the first beta of 4.58 which I intend to evolve
> into a stable release of 4.58.
>
> Please report problems directly to me, as I still don't have the time to
> read the mailing list, for which I am most apologetic and annoyed.
>
> My day-job has been really busy over the past few months, and shows no
> signs of slacking off for the time-being. But I will make it a New
> Year's Resolution to read the mailing list, and try my hardest to
> recover to the level of support I used to be able to offer. I can only
> offer my apologies for my lack of support over the past few months, I
> have just been so busy I haven't had time to breathe. Sorry :-(
>
> I will try to hardest to fit in MailScanner support next year, but I
> can't make any guarantees, I've got a year-long programming job to do.
> The aim is to effectively automate the whole process of exam marks to
> degree grades, and so do away with some very long exam-board meetings.
> It's a huge job, and I am the only person in the department who can be
> trusted to do the whole job well and reliably. It's one of the
> consequences of having a certain reputation.  :-)
>
> You are at the top of my New Year's Resolutions, I promise!
>
> Jules

We as list members have been trying to take some of the load off by helping
with the lesser issues.
I hope you can at least get a small break for the holidays!
Merry Christmas from your loyal users!
And a happy New Year!!

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...