Sloppy error checking in MS code

sandrews at andrewscompanies.com sandrews at andrewscompanies.com
Mon Dec 18 02:54:25 CET 2006

This is patently false.  The overhead, as you're measuring as "almost
non-existent", may be small on a single operation; but when you scale it
to many messages it will add up.

Nonetheless...

Here's the deal.  Rewrite the postfix code yourself.  If you find it
acceptable and peer review says you've checked everything, some postfix
user or two will thank you for it.  MS is not some sort of granite
monument that's going to stand for all to see for a billion years; it's
a piece of functional software that adds enormous value to the standard
spamassassin rig and we all ought to be forced to bow to Julian a half
dozen times a day for the sheer privlilege of using it, ny...just
looking at it from a distance, let alone using it to make all our lives
happier.

Questioning Julian...we should all be ashamed of ourselves... <wags
finger>

Steve