Sloppy error checking in MS code

Res res at ausics.net
Mon Dec 18 00:10:51 CET 2006

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, Dhawal Doshy wrote:

> Time for me to add some facts (of course for my point of view) here, since i
> follow the postfix list very regularly..
>
> Wietse and Viktor from my little interaction with them have no problem with
> any Filtering tool (including mailscanner) as long as it uses one of the

This contradicts what I have read in several forums over the past couple
years, but you are entitled to your opinion on the state of things.

> Finally a few words about DJB, if you can code even half as well as him then
> you have all the right to criticize else just shut up and use something else.

I probably could, just look at a default qmail, no not netqmail but qmail
that is the most poorly written peice of mail software I have ever used,
it is also no longer maintained by Bernstien, nor has it been for years,
christ, you can't even compile it on modern systems without searching for
patches or error code and some other tripe, it is in effect abandenware

It does have its place today courtesy of the hundreds of others who wrote
patches to MAKE qmail usable today, like checking backscatter with its
VDs, such a critical thing in this day and age, so many qmail servers dont
run any form of check user patch, and wonder why there is tens and tens
of thousands of messages in the queue and why they end up in spamcop and
sorbs for sending to traps.