Sloppy error checking in MS code

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Sat Dec 16 22:45:27 GMT 2006

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006, Julian Field wrote:

> Don't forget. Every morning you make the assumption that the floor is
> there when you step out of bed. Show me the person who checks with a
> stick that the floor is where they think it is, before putting their
> weight on the first foot out of bed in the morning. Yes, you make
> assumptions too.

I assume that I'm going to step on my glasses if I just jump out of bed,
since I put them on the floor beside it.  So I spend my first minute of
the day feeling around on the floor with my hand (yup, floor is there;
no animals underfoot, I *have* to vacuum that carpet), find my glasses,
put them on, and THEN assume that I can get out of bed.
Jules, you wear glasses.  I'm sure you have a similar morning ritual.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College