Mailscanner not scanning queue

Nate nate at seekio.com
Thu Dec 14 16:56:59 GMT 2006

OK, it was not obvious to me that the Solaris/BSD version was the
generic tarball.  I'll take a look into that.

The reason we don't upgrade our 200 boxes to Unstable is because they
are servers.  They are not workstations.  We have millions of
transactions and over 2gigabit/sec of traffic coming off of them.  We
like them to be stable.  I've run debian/testing on servers before and
had problems, so there's no way I'm going near unstable on a server.  A
desktop is another matter.  99% of what we do works fine with stable.  I
know at some point we will have to make the jump to testing in
preparation for the next release of Debian (in 4 or 5 years if we're
lucky) but for right now, I have had absolutely no reason to upgrade
until MailScanner.  I have no time to deal with problems caused by
bleeding edge software, especially when you multiply the time it takes
to deal with them by over 200.

In the end I'll have to decide if I want to go with a more manual
install, upgrade to unstable for the mailscanner boxes, leave it as is,
or even go with a barracuda box or something.  So thank you all for your
opinions and help.

Thanks,
Nate