OT: Virus Scanners

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Dec 13 22:32:53 GMT 2006

Brad Beckenhauer spake the following on 12/13/2006 2:07 PM:
> Scott Silva wrote:
>> Brad Beckenhauer spake the following on 12/13/2006 12:30 PM:
>>> Hello,
>>> I'm putting together the budget for next year and looking for
>>> suggestions for commercial anti-virus products for MailScanner running
>>> on Linux.
>>>
>>> I'd like to know what products are preferred and if you have any recent
>>> pricing, it would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> thanks.
>>>
>>> Brad
>>>

>> The first thing I would look at is your current corporate virus
>> scanner. Some
>> give you access to a commandline scanner for linux that is included in
>> your
>> licensing. Our McAfee subscription gives us that, at no extra cost.
>>
> Understood,  We're currently running Clamav and Norman but want to add a
> third scanner.
You could also look around for the free BitDefender version. I still see it
occasionally on mirror sites, and probably still have an install file laying
around. I have even had it be the sole virus scanner to hit on occasion, but
not very often. It comes in handy if one of the other ones times out, though.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and