OT: mail server /var/mail

Res res at ausics.net
Wed Dec 13 10:08:42 GMT 2006

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006, Sujith Emmanuel wrote:

>    What i do now when the size becomes huge is to ask the users to delete
> some of their mails. Can anyone point me in the right direction? btw, most
> of the users use pine for checking mail.

Enforce system quotas, depends on what you call big as well, perhaps just
use larger disk(s) or SAN, 3TB /var/mail wont fill up that quick when
combined with quotas.

--
Cheers
Res

"Just a world that we all must share, it's not enough just to stand and
stare, is it only a dream that there'll be no more turning away" - Floyd