No Message Collected

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Dec 12 22:41:24 GMT 2006

Kevin Droz spake the following on 12/12/2006 12:58 PM:

> I have only 1 sendmail running. Explain Lock Types?
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin

In the mailscanner.conf file is a section on file locking;

# How to lock spool files.
# Don't set this unless you *know* you need to.
# For sendmail, it defaults to "posix".
# For sendmail 8.12 and older, you will probably need to change it to flock,
# particularly on Linux systems.
# For Exim, it defaults to "posix".
# No other type is implemented.
Lock Type = posix

But set the lock type to one or the other. I have seen some systems not set
the proper default. This is only for linux systems.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and