MailWatch... is it still being developed?

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 17:29:33 GMT 2006

On 11/12/06, Simon Walter <simon.walter at hp-factory.de> wrote:

> Hello
>
> "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <michele at blacknight.ie> writes:
> > ajos1 at onion.demon.co.uk wrote:
> >> MailWatch... is it still being developed?
> >
> > Of course it is.
> >
> > What made you think otherwise?
>
> Perhaps the missing release since over a year on sf.net?

Even a rather cursory search of the MW mailing list archives would
reveal that a major rewrite is in the makings ... and has been for a
longish time. I respect Steve for his great work, as well as his
position that he really wants to be in the driver seat here
(precluding anyone helping him much)... And he has actually set a date
(well, a quarter:-) for release now, which likely means we'll see
something workable close to that time (perhaps 07Q2 would be the time
to schedule an update to 2.0:-).

Steve has graciously made a sneak preview available at
https://dc2.fsl.com/mailwatch_dev/ (login with guest as both username
and password), if you'd like a look.

Oh, and further discussion should likely be taken to the MW list;-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn