Allowing .pr3 files through

Michael Mansour micoots at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 8 21:01:09 GMT 2006

Hi Stef,

I put the rule to the top of the list and the "bad content" was still tagged on the message.

I believe this is tagged from the "filetype" rules area not "filename".

If that's the case, what sort of rule would I need to put in to allow .pr3 files?

The filetype fules I have for this domain are:

allow   text            -                       -
allow   script          -                       -
allow   archive         -                       -
allow   postscript      -                       -
deny    self-extract    No self-extracting archives     No self-extracting archives allowed
deny    ELF             No executables          No programs allowed
deny    executable      No executables          No programs allowed
allow   MPEG            Yes MPEG movies         MPEG movies allowed
allow   AVI             Yes AVI movies          AVI movies allowed
allow   MNG             Yes MNG/PNG movies      MNG movies allowed
allow   Quicktime       Yes Quicktime movies    Quicktime movies allowed
allow   ASF             Yes Windows media       Windows media files allowed
allow   BMP             Yes BMP files           BMP graphics files allowed
deny    Registry        No Windows Registry entries     No Windows Registry files allowed

Thanks.

Michael.

Michael Mansour wrote:
> I have their setup as:
>
> /etc/MailScanner/example.com.filename.rules.conf
> allow \.pr3$ - -
>
> at the end of the file, but that does not seem to work.

As far as I know, the rules file is parsed in order and stops when a
match is found.

Thefore, try putting it at the beginning instead, so that it matches for
.pr3 and allows it before matching the general disallow rules for
executables.

Regards

Stef
Stefan Morrell | Operations Director
Tel: 0845 3452820 | Alpha Omega Computers Ltd
Fax: 0845 3452830 | Incorporating Level 5 Internet
stef at aoc-uk.com | stef at l5net.net