Getting a summary of how many emails received by each account

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 13:15:39 GMT 2006

On 08/12/06, Nigel Kendrick <support-lists at petdoctors.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Before I start googling or scripting, can anyone point me towards a command
> line utility that will list the amount of mail delivered to every account
> (MailScanner + PostFix), say in the last hour, day etc.?
>
> Thanks
>
> Nigel Kendrick

It's not perfect, since it'll go a bit wild about the HOLD thing...
But pflogsumm from http://jimsun.linxnet.com/postfix_contrib.html is
the best thing IMO. In conjunction with MailWatch one get a real grip
on things:-).
I run it from cron once/day (since I use split maillogs, I have to
trawl /var/log/syslog ...) to get the previous days stats and
once/week for a weekly summary. For shortterm stats, MailWatch fits my
bill... Easy to script it too (just dream up the best SQL query you
can:-), but you could use pflogsumm there too.

--
-- Glenn