Header Options

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Dec 7 21:03:07 GMT 2006

Scott Silva spake the following on 12/7/2006 12:51 PM:
> Michele Neylon :: Blacknight spake the following on 12/7/2006 11:58 AM:
>> Hi all
>>
>> One of my random queries that some of you may be able to assist with..
>> Hopefully it will make sense :)
>>

>> A number of our users are looking for options to filter "borderline"
>> mails ie. possible spams and / or phishing fraud using the headers
>> (subject line would be easier, but I honestly don't want to get into
>> managing huge rulesets on a per domain basis)
>>

>> I've been reading over the options in MailScanner.conf for the header
>> options, but unless I am mistaken there doesn't seem to be anyway to add
>> the "sss" type header (or similar) to non-spam emails
>> The one option I have considered is to drop the threshold on spam and
>> set the option to deliver while dropping the threshold on "high spam"
>> and setting it to store, but that may break something else :)
>>
>> Any thoughts??
>>
>> Michele
> How about;
> SpamScore Number Instead Of Stars = no
> and
> Always Include SpamAssassin Report = yes

Also look at
# Do you want to include the "Spam Score" header. This shows 1 character
# (Spam Score Character) for every point of the SpamAssassin score. This
# makes it very easy for users to be able to filter their mail using
# whatever SpamAssassin threshold they want. For example, they just look
# for "sssss" for every message whose score is > 5, for example.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Spam Score = yes

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and