using Vispan with MailScanner

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at nkpanama.com
Thu Dec 7 00:24:34 GMT 2006

YMMV. Check your logs for a few months/weeks back, grep for IP
addresses, then "sort -u" the list, and look for major ISP IPs.
Whitelist those.

You can also use mailwatch to see who your biggest senders/receivers
are, then find out what their MX's are and whitelist them as well.

As long as the iptables command is -A DROP or -A REJECT and you've -I
ACCEPT'ed (meaning they'll go to the top of the table and override), you
should be all set.

.. that's what I think I'd do in that situation.