Weird /tmp problem

Ken A ka at pacific.net
Wed Dec 6 00:34:48 GMT 2006

You are running ls and df as root, right? Are you running any IDS? It's
good to rule out the worst case scenarios first, even if that might seem
paranoid. /tmp is an obvious target. ls output shouldn't conflict with
df output. check ls -la carefully for anything funny looking (a dir
beginning with a space, etc).
Ken A.
Pacific.Net