How do others do it?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Dec 5 18:50:12 GMT 2006

Chandler, Jay spake the following on 12/5/2006 10:05 AM:
> I'm three months into the mail management duties, and I've taken the
> university from a kludged together implementation of SpamAssassin to
> running on MailScanner for inbound.
>
> Now I'm preparing to tackle the task of setting up Mailscanner outbound.
>
> Obviously I want virus scanning enabled, but how do most of you handle
> the spam scanning issue?  Do you tag and pass, do you not scan at all,
> or some other option?

If students will be accessing the mail system, then I would hold them to the
same standards that you apply to incoming mail. Students are notorious for
doing things "they aren't supposed to do". You can whitelist any
administration people that need to be.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and