mail size delivery delay

John Schmerold john at katy.com
Tue Dec 5 03:28:34 GMT 2006

If anyone knows how to do this in Postfix, I'm all ears - this is a
great idea and somewhat related to a concept I presented to Julian for a
custom programming opportunity (I'm looking for a couple sponsors to
help cover programming time). For the record, my concept is as follows:
"I'm interested in getting an option added to MailScanner (or Postfix).
This extension would extract attachments in excess of some user
definable size &/or exclude user defined file types - for example vcf,
compute a MD5 of the file and store it somewhere, using the MD5 &
original extension,for example /var/www/html/files/md5.pdf

MS, would then insert a note at top &/or bottom of email listing the
name(s) & location of the detached file(s) - for example:
http://mx1.schmerold.com/files/9e107d9d372bb6826bd81d3542a419d6.xls

I would want MS to do this for inbound & outbound messages. "