Viruses being blocked by filename rules, not being picked up by Clamav

Jon Bates jon.bates at summitmotors.com.au
Mon Dec 4 21:44:58 GMT 2006

Reni Berber Wrote:

> Have you tried changing this into "Virus Scanners = clamavmodule". This
change
> means something different of what you are using, option clamav uses the
> lib/clamav-wrapper, clamavmodule uses the perl module (which you may, or
may not
> have installed -- `cpan -D Mail::ClamAV` will show if it is installed).

> Or using the option as you have it, check virus.scanners.conf to see if
the
> corresponding line is correct. Also, if you changed the wrapper, see what
is
> being executed (clamscan or clamdscan) and what options are used (with
clamscan
> the options are passed as parameters, with clamdscan the options are in
> /etc/clamd.conf). If using clamdscan, see if clamd is running.
> --
> Reni Berber

Hmmm.. Well I definitely havent changed the Virus Scanners option. Its
always been 'clamav'. Clamavmodule isnt even installed, judging by the
response from the CPAN install (which I cancelled). I could probably change
it, but this doesn't make sense to me as it was working perfectly before.

I've also turned on the log for Clamav so I'll see if there is any leads in
there.
______________________

Virus.scanners.conf lists:

clamav          /usr/lib/MailScanner/clamav-wrapper     /usr
clamavmodule    /bin/false                              /tmp

The /usr/lib/MailScanner/clamav-wrapper file uses clamscan by the looks of
it.

One setting that I found interesting was Keep Spam And MCP Archive Clean =
yes. Would this have any bearing on my problem? I don't allow user access to
archived spam so I might try turning this off.

Any thoughts?