Debian package outdated?

Rick Chadderdon mailscanner at yeticomputers.com
Thu Aug 31 16:16:11 IST 2006

I asked myself this about nearly every package I had installed during my
year-long Debian phase.  I understand that it's not necessary to have
the newest, shiniest stuff if everything is working, but that didn't
suit my personality, so I was not a good match with Debian.  If you want
up-to-date packages, Debian is not the best choice of distros.  If you
want secure and stable with a minimum of maintenance, Debian works very
well.