Trouble with Bayes

Martin martin.lyberg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 15:50:38 IST 2006

Glenn Steen wrote:

> Ah, that explains it. IIRC the Debian (and clones, like Ubuntu) "lag"
> quite a bit, version-wise. Jules has a debian package on his pages,
> but i think you need dpkg it... Or can one set that as a separate apt
> repository?
> Anyway, if that "missing link" is from the latest (or fairly recent)
> install, from Jules site, it'd seem that this is a problem with that
> package.

Yeah, i know that Debian by default don't update to the latest versions
on Deb sarge stable. Though, i've used "testing" for some packages like
mailscanner, spamassassin and clamav. Now i'm using volatile for SA etc.

My current versions:

SpamAssassin version 3.1.4
MailScanner version 4.51.5 (currently behind) have not yet decided to
try to upgrade this. Don't know if it will break anything. I have a
testmachine with similar setup. Will try this first.

None of the packages are installed from Julians site though.

> Stockholm here. Nice to see some fellow countrymen around here:-)

Couldn't agree more :)

/ Martin