Trouble with Bayes

Martin martin.lyberg at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 10:17:15 IST 2006

Glenn Steen wrote:

> I didn't give it as actual commands, my bad:-)... Do:
> chown -R postfix:www-data /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin
> chmod 0660 /var/spool/MailScanner/spamassassin/*

This was the problem. Now it works as expected :)

> and set
> bayes_file_mode 0770
> in spam.assassin.prefs.conf ...

bayes_file_mode were already set to 0770.

> Now everything should look OK from MailWatch too, and you'll probably
> have better luck training bayes from that interface too. You can check
> it either from MailWatch or by
> su - www-data -s /bin/sh
> spamassassin -D --lint -p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
> ... of course:-).

Works like a charm! :)

> That you need specify the spam.assassin.prefs.conf on the commandline
> isn't good... Either you have a somewhat dated install, or install.sh
> (or whatever method you used to install) failed ot create the symlink
> in /etc/mail/spamassassin ... If the former, that is probably OK, but
> you should consider upgrading, if the latter.... Well, you might need
> fix that then (manually creating the link or rerunning your install
> methid, or somesuch).

Dunno why there's no symlink. The installation is made through APT and
not by source. Will leave this as it is for now.

> HtH and Cheers (BTW, you wouldn't hapopen to be in Sweden, now would you?)

Thanks for all your help, and yes i'm from Sweden too. Malmö to be more
specific :)

/ Martin