mqueue.in just gets bigger - no delivery?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Aug 30 17:54:56 IST 2006

Brett Charbeneau spake the following on 8/30/2006 8:50 AM:
> 	I appreciate input, Alex!
>
> On Wed, 30 Aug 2006, Alex Broens wrote:
>
> AB> Before you start turning knobs on MS I sugges you gothru your rule
> AB> collection:
> AB>
> AB>
> AB> The rule files below are include the numebred files you may be using so
> AB> redundant.
>
> 	Good thought. As you can probably tell I'm using the Rules_du_Jour
> script and opted for most of the rules.
> 	Redundancy didn't cross my mind. Doh!
> 	I'll definitely trim my TRUSTED_RULESETS in
> /etc/rulesdujour/config...
>
> AB> Use either the numbered or the general
> AB>
> AB> debug: config: read file /etc/spamassassin/70_sare_html.cf
> AB> debug: config: read file /etc/spamassassin/70_sare_genlsubj.cf
> AB> debug: config: read file /etc/spamassassin/70_sare_header.cf
> AB> debug: config: read file /etc/spamassassin/70_sare_html.cf
> AB> debug: config: read file /etc/spamassassin/70_sare_obfu.cf
>
> 	Not sure I'm following you here.
> 	Do these five sare rulesets overlap?
>
> AB> debug: config: read file /etc/spamassassin/71_sare_bml_pre25x.cf
> AB> debug: config: read file /etc/spamassassin/99_sare_fraud_pre25x.cf
> AB>
> AB> PRE 2.5 - obsolete and *may* cause issues with 3.x
>
> 	Duh. Thanks - deleted.
>
> AB> debug: config: read file /etc/spamassassin/blacklist-uri.cf
> AB>
> AB> totally Unnecessary when usingURIDNSBL plugin
> AB> HUGE size, slow and requires LOTS of memory. dump that! :-)
>
> 	Ah, that could be the reason for the timeouts!
> 	GOOD CALL.
>
> AB> debug: config: read file /etc/spamassassin/70_sare_adult.cf
> AB> Added to SA - obsolete.
>
> 	Exellent, Alex.
> 	I've treated the RulesDuJour as a set-it-and-forget-it thing, which is
> obviously asking for trouble. I'll try to find a way to keep on top of this...

I would recommend the rulesdujour install from Fortress Systems
(http://www.fsl.com/support.html). You can later add some rules as you see how
your system holds up.
They are a good compromise of effective rules and system load.
And Steve seems to be a very helpful person.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and