mqueue.in just gets bigger - no delivery?

Brett Charbeneau brett at wrl.org
Wed Aug 30 15:07:33 IST 2006

 	Thanks for taking the time to help me out, Res!

> Can you MailScanner --lint

 	Sure can:

franklin:/var/backups# MailScanner --lint
Read 710 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
Config: calling custom init function MailWatchLogging
Checking for SpamAssassin errors (if you use it)...
Using SpamAssassin results cache
Connected to SpamAssassin cache database
SpamAssassin reported no errors.

MailScanner.conf says "Virus Scanners = clamavmodule"
Found these virus scanners installed: clamavmodule

> This more or less sounds like a permissioning error
> when you  ps ax | grep MailScanner do you see the parent and its typically
> 5 kids?

 	I've got "Max Children = 5":

29629 ?        SNs    0:00 MailScanner: master waiting for children, sleeping
29630 ?        SN     0:29 MailScanner: checking with SpamAssassin
29656 ?        SN     0:29 MailScanner: virus scanning
29681 ?        SN     0:27 MailScanner: checking with SpamAssassin
29694 ?        SN     0:28 MailScanner: checking with SpamAssassin
29717 ?        SN     0:28 MailScanner: virus scanning
29976 ?        DN     0:00 MailScanner: checking with SpamAssassin
29993 ?        RN     0:07 MailScanner: checking with SpamAssassin
30052 ?        RN     0:03 MailScanner: checking with SpamAssassin
30060 ?        DNs    0:00 MailScanner: virus scanning
30061 ?        DNs    0:00 MailScanner: virus scanning

> Is there a <defunct> after any or all of them?

 	Not at the time I ps'd...

Brett Charbeneau
Network Administrator
Williamsburg Regional Library