Max SpamAssassin Size problems

Alex Broens ms-list at alexb.ch
Mon Aug 28 18:10:16 IST 2006

On 8/28/2006 6:26 PM, Julian Field wrote:

> Res wrote:
>> On Sun, 27 Aug 2006, DAve wrote:
>>
>>> I for one want no part of a plugin that requires I send every single
>>> message in it's entirety to SA every time. I'd be DOS'ed within a
>>> month. I also think
>> Agreed
>
> I thoroughly agree that we shouldn't send the whole message. If you want
> to do that, just set Max SpamAssassin Size = 500m :-)
>
> I'm trying to come up with a compromise that keeps most of you happy
> most of the time. See my recent "--- round 2" posting.

Julian,

Probably late & lame with this observation:

Why not adopt the same logic as from ths spamc -s switch

     -s *max_size*
         Set the maximum message size which will be sent to spamd -- any
         bigger than this threshold and the message will be returned
         unprocessed (default: 250 KB). If spamc gets handed a message
bigger
         than this, it won't be passed to spamd.

         The size is specified in bytes, as a positive integer greater than
         0. For example, -s 250000.

This means the full message size and will not distort the SA scanning if
only part of the msg is scanned (and possibly misclasified)

Alex