Max SpamAssassin Size problems

Kash, Howard (Civ, ARL/CISD) hmkash at arl.army.mil
Sun Aug 27 21:47:46 IST 2006

> Why not just set the Max SpamAssassin Size to 50k

You'll still truncate images.  I currently have it at 150k and it still truncates images (either large ones or messages with lots of attached images).

> or the partial-image-detection rules to 0?

This is an option, but you give up some SPAM detection capability.  The plugin doesn't specifically test for partial images, but corrupt images in general, which truncated images are a subset of.  Some image spammers have intentionally corrupted the image in such a way that many email clients will still render them readable, but image analysis utilities balk on them.  So messages with corrupt images are given a higher score.

And this isn't just about images, supposedly someone is working on a plugin to analyze Word documents for spam content.   It may have the same problem with truncated Word attachments.

Howard