Max SpamAssassin Size problems

Kash, Howard (Civ, ARL/CISD) hmkash at arl.army.mil
Sat Aug 26 16:19:56 IST 2006

> What objections to people have to simply letting you set this yourself?

With no changes to the code we have to disable Max Spamassassin Size in order to guarantee that no attachments are truncated in the middle and thus cause false positives.  At the same time we loose all protection against DoS and resource over utilization.  With code added that will only continue until the end of the current attachement, at least there is some protection.  Granted, there may be one huge attachement, but at least it's something.

Howard