Max SpamAssassin Size problems

Kash, Howard (Civ, ARL/CISD) hmkash at arl.army.mil
Thu Aug 24 16:42:27 IST 2006

> do I chop half way through an image?
> do I chop at the end of an image?
> do I carry on for a max of 100 lines of Base64 data or until the end
of
> an image, which is earlier?

If I had to choose between these three, I would choose the second.  But
I also like Glenn's suggestion of a new configuration option that
switches between current behavior (first option) and the second option.
Maybe something like adding a "+" sign after the Max Spamassassin Size
number would mean "limit size to this value or to the end of the current
MIME boundary".

If you do keep the entire image, does this really add to spamassassin's
load?  In other words, will spamassassin do any processing (i.e. regex
searches) on the additional image data or is it smart enough to ignore
the contents of a base64 encoded attachment (unless specifically
analyzed by a plugin)?

Julian, does your implementation distinguish between different MIME
types (i.e. image vs. non-image)?  It would also be good to limit this
behavior to only attachments with "Content-Type: image/*".  At least
until another plugin comes along that analyzes other attachment types.

Howard