[solved] SA bayes not working / autolearn inactive?

Daniel Maher daniel.maher at ubisoft.com
Wed Aug 23 16:37:44 IST 2006

Thanks to everybody for your suggestions.

I stopped MailScanner, and went through the directory tree manually, picking it over with a fine-toothed comb (as it were).  I found that the parent directory of the bayes data directory did not have it's execute bit set for the group - only for the user.

On the functioning mail servers, this group x bit was set.  Voila.

After making this change and re-starting MailScanner, SpamAssassin is now happily reading from and writing to the bayes database, and autolearn is active.

Sometimes the best solutions are the most simple. :P

--
  _
 °v°  Daniel Maher

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.