Feedback on MailScanner 4.56.1-1 beta

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Wed Aug 23 14:56:45 IST 2006

Julian Field a écrit :

> Denis Beauchemin wrote:
>> Julian Field a écrit :
>>> Edit /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/SweepContent.pm and around
>>> line 131 you need to change it to say
>>>
>>>        MailScanner::Config::LanguageValue($message, 'toobig') . ": "
>>> .                                            $message->{size} . "
>>> bytes\n";
>> Julian,
>>
>> You should not print out English words such as "bytes" from within
>> Perl code (there are already a couple of things I have to translate
>> back to French whenever I upgrade MS)...
> Where are the others?
>> you should use languages.conf instead, like you did for toobig...
> You're quite right, I should :-)
>>
>> I'm sure it was just a quick hack... ;-)
>>
>> Denis

Julian,

I modify SweepViruses.pm (ProcessMcAfeeOutput function) to translate
McAfee messages to French... not much you can do about it...

I also modify Message.pm because of the following line (#5301 in the
latest beta):
        $output .= 'Web Bug from ' . $attr->{'src'} if $attr->{'src'};

I just comment it out but it should be localized.

I can't remember what it was but I think there was something else but I
didn't bother translating it so I guess it was minor.

Thanks!

Denis

--
   _