auto whitelisting

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 11:43:07 IST 2006

On 22/08/06, Matt Kettler <mkettler at evi-inc.com> wrote:
> Martin Hepworth wrote:
> >
> > I'd agree with Matt. I always recommend you turn the thing off as it
> > tends to let spam through when you don't want it to..
>
> Well, that's true.. but it can also cause spam to be tagged when it would
> otherwise be missed.
>
> Remember.. the AWL is NOT a whitelist..

Exactly!
I can say for a fact that the AWL has been keeping my false
rejection/tagging rate well down, even after applying some things
(ImageInfo mainly) to get a grip on the image based spam. Without the
AWL, many a financial newsletter would have gone down the drain... As
it is now, I cannot find one case where they've got tagged or removed.
Haven't seen the wildly fluctuating "missfires" of the AWL that some
report either.
So I'll be keeping my AWL on, for that crucial score averaging I need.

--
-- Glenn