Ignoring RFC1918 address space in numeric phishing

Mike Jakubik mikej at rogers.com
Mon Aug 21 20:08:12 IST 2006

Does anybody know of a way to ignore the IANA private address space when
numeric phishing is on? I tried adding in the form of "172.16",
"172.16.*", "172.16.*.*" but none seem to work. I have an application
which sends out HTML emails which contain links to local webservers, its
hard to predict each servers IP address, but i know it will be a private
address. I think ignoring these by default is a safe bet for most people.